Galactic Civilizations I: Ultimate Edition
Galactic Civilizations is a space based strategy game in which you are in control of humanity’s destiny.
The year is 2178, the Terran Alliance has invented a new technology — Hyperdrive. But the secret has leaked to the other civilizations starting a race for all the inhabitable worlds in the galaxy! As leader of United Earth, you must research new technologies, build an economy, create a powerful military force, all the while carefully balancing your political, diplomatic and trade skills.
Galactic Civilizations I: Ultimate Edition combines the award-winning Galactic Civilizations with the Altarian Prophecy expansion pack to create a stellar adventure.
- Replayability – Galactic Civilizations is readily playable by casual gamers and includes a powerful, sophisticated AI and game mechanics that make each gaming experience different and highly addictive.
- Immersive Storyline – Playing as the leader of humanity, you have a rich and deep heritage to lead the human race and become one of the principal species of the universe.
- Multiple, Balanced Paths to Victory – Achieve victory using military strength, economic might, or political power.
- The Metaverse – Gamers with a Stardock account can be part of the “metaverse,” where victories, defeats and campaigns can be recorded, allowing players to share their gaming experience.
- A Map editor that allows players to design their own custom maps.
- A scenario editor that enables players to create specific game environments.
- A Campaign editor allows users to create a set of games that are linked together to tell a story.
- OS: Windows 10 / 8 / 7 SP1 / Vista SP2 / XP SP3
- Processor: 600 MHz Processor
- Memory: 128 MB RAM
- Graphics: 8 MB DirectX 8.1 Compatible Video Card
- DirectX: 8.1
- Hard Drive: 700 MB HD space
- Sound: DirectX 8.1 Compatible Sound Card
- Processor: 1 GHz Processor
- Memory: 256 MB RAM
- Graphics: 16 MB DirectX 8.1 Compatible Video Card
90/100 - Computer Gaming World
"An understated, thoughtful game that is highly replayable and continually challening - the sort of game that will still be on your hard drive when all the other games you are playing right now are gathering dust on a shelf. "
90/100 - Computer Games Magazine
"GalCiv is easily the best 4X game right now and the best that we'll see for years to come."
88/100 - Firing Squad